knit at nite

some entries about knitting and family to keep myself motivated at projects and the daily grin, i mean grind.

5.19.2005

whilst awaiting better pics...

lessee...
in the past week, i turned 37, i had an interview to return to work next year, bea turned 1, and i finished cable 8. cable 8 was actually the first thing that happened. it got eclipsed by all the other stuff though; so, i am just now getting around to telling you about it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com for best results glance quickly, focusing on cable 8 top only, then move along. if you happen to be a lingerer in spite of warning; can you dig aidan being a monkey to the left of the mirror? can you dig that my tongue hangs out when i try to balance myself between the back of the sofa and the radiator to take a picture in a mirror that hangs on the wall in poor light? forgive the craptacular photography.

of note regarding cable 8? i matress stitched the side seams because i worried about running out of yarn. i tried the crochet edging on the sleeves several times over until i got a bearable fit. they were too tight, still tight but certainly wearable. i love the shape of it. i think the the texture of the yarn/pattern combo makes me look top heavy when i have it on. i don't like that it rides up. we'll see what blocking does to alleviate these concerns.

i have worn it, over a slim long sleeved tee. the plain sleeves seemed to take some of the focus off the busy eights so i didn't feel like i looked so heavy. it looks great under a blazer that i have. i think it looks homemade but i still like it.

oh yeah. and i impressed everyone at snb, including myself, by dropping eight stitches back a whole half a repeat, that's about six rows, to fix a cable that had gone wrong. i wish i had pictures, it surely was a fun feat of knitting rescue.

10 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Laura A said...

Congrats on the stitch surgery! I love stitch surgery. It makes me feel so smart! Good job. and I KNEW Cable-Eight would look cute over another top. People questioned me when that was my intent, but it looks very cute on you. Good job!

Miss Finch

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger stricken madchen said...

Your Cable-8 looks awesome. I love it over your other shirt too. The monkey act in the picture is priceless.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow! It looks awesome. Nice knitting Corine! I can't wait to see it in person.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Congratulations, on Cable 8 (gorgeous) and the interview. I hope I get to see you soon, hopefully I make it to SnB with you one of these weeks!!

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cables look great! I hope your interview went well. Wishing you luck.

Hope to be at snb this week. If I do come I will be late. Did you guys decide where you wanted to meet?

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I might try mine on over a long sleeve - I also think mine looks top heavy.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks great! I like the layering thing you got going there.

- MJ

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog...I turned 36 on May 23rd..ugh...no longer in the 26-35 bracket - YIKES...lol.

I've been working on the Clapotis Scarf (I saw you have it on your "daydreaming" section) and it's fantastic - a FUN knit and the dropped stitches look fantastic - you should really try it out.

Your layering looks fantastic! Great job.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Woo hoo! The Cable Eight looks fantastic!!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger WandaWoman said...

It's beautiful. I don't think the top makes you look top heavy at all. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home