knit at nite

some entries about knitting and family to keep myself motivated at projects and the daily grin, i mean grind.

12.30.2005

licked by lace

it's just too hard. i knit a row. feeling good. all the stitches are there. purl across. why is there a stitch missing in the last section? lace kicks my ass. it must have taken me an hour to decide how to pick up the missing stitch to my satisfaction. more than likely it's not even consistent with the pattern. but it's a good enough approximation for me to continue plugging away. perhaps two more rows next week. or i could move up the life-line and knit the rows next month. how's that for progress?

the previous paragraph was written in august, this wrap was supposed to be worn with my fabby little dress to a wedding in september; ugh. i truly don't want to scrap it, i love the results too much. but, there is definitely some goal in the making re this project for the new year. i just need to remember when setting it, small steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home