knit at nite

some entries about knitting and family to keep myself motivated at projects and the daily grin, i mean grind.

2.21.2006

needles ad nauseam

i long for the days of breezy, slippery koigu. there's something going on with me and this other yarn. this is the second pair of socks i've tried out of fixation. coupled with my tendency to knit a little tightly, the yarn is way too sticky on bamboo dpns, my usual choice for knitting socks. after bending and splitting a needle or two, in fairness the cat may have chewed on one for the splitting to occur, i tried two susan bates circs. this was no solution as i have no patience for fiddling around the joins. finally i've settled on some inox dpns which seem to be the best choice.

like everyone else, i'm trying out grumperina's jaywalker socks from magknits.

anyone for pick up sticks?

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved up to use a 3.25mm needle (US3) for fixation socks. The 2s made my fingers hurt :( cool color :)

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I love the Inox DPNs in small sizes too, I'm using them on handwarmers after breaking too many of the bamboo ones.

Hope all is well with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home